Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Blue Skirt





My favorite color is blue and this blue skirt is one of my favorites.  I've only worn it a couple times this summer and both outfits never made it to the blog - so I thought I would give the skirt some blog love. {here's the love: Hi favorite blue skirt!  You're just a little thick and warm for this summer.  I'll wear you more in the fall!  Can't wait ~ XOXO!}

I guess this blue is almost a neutral, almost a shade of denim and I find it really easy to mix with different colors.  I also love the built-in, thick, elastic waist band that I can layer with shorter tops and not feel the need for a belt.  Sometimes I feel that all I do is belt my outfits.  I need a new "trick".

Also - a little update on my shopping ban: I get all kinds of coupons and discount mailers - every day in the mailbox!  Daily reminders of the sales I won't shop.  Argh - it's so tough to keep throwing them out.  Kohl's, Macy's, Banana, Gap, DSW, Delias (don't judge)... I'm on all their lists.  I guess I could hand them out to my friends, but it seems they're all poor, too!  Ha!  No really, then I would have to NOT throw the coupon/ discount away and actually carry it around with me until I found these shopper friends - too tempting.  Confession:  I bought new PJs today.  They were on sale.  I should never have walked into Marshall's.  What was I thinking?  (I needed and iPad sleeve). I'm back on the wagon, though, don't worry!





3 comments:

  1. Hahha Molly! New PJ's are sometimes necessary. In fact, I don't even know the last time I bought a pair of new pj's for myself. Now I must get myself to Marshalls!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think PJs count as shopping. Neither do underwear or bras. I think you're okay and having just finished a shopping ban of my own, I'm practically an expert. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that top pic of you! -- and that's a super cute skirt. I SOO need to go clothes shopping. I'm the opposite of you and I'm starting to look like I'm wearing rags! Oh, and by the way, I won't judge Delia's... I bought a couple of tanks there years ago and they have outlasted many others! Who knew?

    ReplyDelete