Tuesday, July 24, 2012

They're just an accessory

I was severely near-sighted until I had LASIK 3 or 4 years ago.  It's a relief that I am prepared for either apocalypse - zombie or non-zombie.  (Because when I lose or break my glasses or contacts, I'm totally useless and helpless - I'm sure many of you know what I mean, right?!)

Within a year of the lazering of my eyeballs I switched the coke bottle bottoms to clear plastic in all of my old glasses so I could wear them as accessories.  However, I'm still not wearing them.  I hate glasses.  I've always hated glasses on me.  Part of it is that having blurry vision was a big drag.  I feel so lucky that I was able to have the surgery and that I can read a clock when I can't sleep or that I can make it to the bathroom in the middle of the night and that I can see when I'm swimming (or rather doggie paddling), or when I'm in the shower!

But I've always thought that glasses on other people are super cute!  The ModCloth Blog celebrated all of our four eyes during their recent Geek Week:


This post is titled "Vintage Sexism".  One of the best topics to raise my blood pressure.
So, I have a bunch of old glasses that have been refitted into simple accessories.  Since I've just started my shopping ban, I'm thinking that I should start wearing them to change things up a bit!


I don't know how to take good pictures.  And with glasses, it's even more of a challenge.  Maybe I'll learn a few things as I start wearing and photographing my new looks!




This tank top is a rarely worn piece just hanging out in my closet.  It's a little stiff and a little dark, but I liked the pattern and the ruffles and I was happy that it felt new and a little different for me.


How's your eyesight?










2 comments:

  1. Mannn. I wish I could get Lasik but my eyes are still getting worse each year I go for the exam. I love my glasses but I only have one pair. I think I need more so that I wear them more often. I am almost always in my contacts!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute blouse, and LOVE those green shoes!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete