Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fantasy Camp

So, I actually do things other than get dressed and take pictures of myself!

I'm working on the 4th movement of Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 4

This last month has been a big viola practicing-a-thon for me. And this coming Saturday is what I've been working towards... the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Fantasy Camp!  This is a chance for adult amateur musicians to rehearse and perform side by side with the professionals on stage.  It will be a full day of rehearsing, coaching, lectures and an evening performance.

What's really cool is that I've learned so much already!  I play in a community orchestra where we have months of rehearsals to prepare for a concert.  But on Saturday I have just 1 day.  I've learned a lot about practicing and listening and I have a little nagging feeling I'm still going to be shamed into a little viola ball of nerves and embarrassment when I get there!  I should get back to practicing...

This is what I wore today:




I wore both the white and the gray sweater today.  I try not to go sleeveless at work and the office temp goes from cold to hot to cold to hot, so I had to take both cardigans today.  I'm sure I'm not the only girl who brings multiple clothing options to work, right?!

Okay, back to Beethoven.




3 comments:

  1. I think it's so amazing you are so dedicated to your viola practice. I gave up all of my instruments after high school and I kind of regret it. And I always have an extra sweater in my office. It is freezing in here. Which makes me cringe to even write!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're a musician. And by love, I, of course, mean that I'm insanely jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO fantasy camp! and I LOOOVE all of those looks. Dress is fab and suits you to a tee :)

    ReplyDelete