Tuesday, July 10, 2012

EBEW - Color blocking (two tries same day)

This is where I started.  It was a little dark in the closet yesterday morning... and I was feeling very brave.  I haven't (and probably wont) read the book, but I wanted to name this outfit "50 shades of green".  

I assumed that olive or army green is a neutral.  But paired with this teal skirt is a bit of a color-clashing stretch.  I topped it with a brown sweater than felt that was too fall-like for early July.  So, I tried the mint green and felt it was perfect.  


This teal pleated skirt has never been easy for me to style and I hated it all day.  So much that I temporarily changed into pants.  PANTS!  I haven't worn these things with legs in weeks because of the heat... and even though the temp has dropped, pants were still not the answer.




I changed back into a denim skirt and double-dated for dinner.  It was lovely.  So, these pants are just for EBEW and you, of course!


I can't wait to see everyone else's color blocking!!




6 comments:

  1. Same color tone blocking is really nice and looks like it's cool for the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of love the red pants girl! Thanks for posting them just for me!!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog and I absolutely love it! I am in love with those red pants and your shoes. Too cute! Let's follow each other on blogger and bloglovin!

    sincerelysk.blogspot.com
    SK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the skirt and the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete