Friday, June 29, 2012

Ye Ole Standard

These red pants make getting dressed easy:



I'm trying really hard (and kinda sorta failing) at not shopping.  Instead of shopping I'm trying to pull out some items from ye ole wardrobe that haven't been used and abused enough.  Thankfully I have red pants that fit great and that I can pair with so many things - like this oatmeal top.  Oatmeal? What a gross name for a color, kind of like salmon.  (Both oatmeal and salmon are fine for eating but not really for wearing, me thinks).

Also-  I'm going to slow down the blogging for summer for 3 notable reasons:

  1. I'm feeling busy (who isn't?) and that I'm not getting in as many walks and lazy evenings as I should be for it being summer in Buffalo. 
  2. I have a BIG viola and violin summer with lots of things to prepare.  Yay!  But this girl needs to practice first.  Before blogging and summer walks/laziness and reading. 
  3. I also need to practice shutting down and shutting off from the digital connections.  I find myself obsessively playing iPad or iPhone games.  I'm choosing the computer instead of reading.  I sit at a desk (with my best friend internet) all day long.  Then I drive home, still sitting, and then usually spend another embarrassing amount of time sitting at the computer.   Yuck!  Save me!
I haven't decided how much of a lull I'll be settling into.  I've already slowed down a bit this month.  I plan to still read and comment on all my favorite fashion and art blogs - you girls rock!  I'm still reading every post because I would hate to miss something.  I hate missing things.  And you all inspire me.  Every day.

I'm really glad to get all that off my chest.  I'm shutting off the computer now.  Well, maybe in 10 more minutes.  :)








5 comments:

  1. Hi Molly. I totally get needed to "decompress" from all things internet. Sometimes I am all too aware of how much time I sit in front of my lap top each day!
    I look forward to fun summer posts from you!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your red pants - and they definitely go with so many things!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you won't disappear completely! My goal is usually to post something once a week, but I find even that difficult a lot (read: most) of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck getting some more balance in your life! Love the red jeans... so cute!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this combo!! The red pants are soo cute!
    -Maya
    http://www.thestylishambition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete