Friday, June 15, 2012

Walking Like a Wallenda

There has been a lot of talk about Nik Wallenda and his upcoming walk across the falls and it inspired me to take my outfit pics as if I was that daring and coordinated and calm and graceful as him.  Actually, I just posed with my arms out and lined up my feet with the crack in the pavement.  The only balance stick I could find was that silly rusted and broken pitchfork.  So, I skipped that prop.









Safely balanced on the ground.








If you don't live in Western New York, do you even know what I'm talking about?  Nik Wallenda is going to tightrope walk across Niagara Falls!  Today!  At night!  In the mist!
Nik Wallenda - daredevil via BuffaloNews

I'm not going because I'm not a fan of big crowds.  But it's supposed to be a lovely night and I kind of wish I was going to be there!  I think daredevils are pretty neat and I love that he comes from a long history of circus performers.  


So the clothes:  I thought the shirt and skirt were the same color of navy when I got dressed.  I realized later that the shirt was much more purple than the skirt.  I liked the combo but would have never done it purposefully.  I love an unexpected color combo!  Sadly, I was in a pink sweater all day, so the purple shirt didn't really come out until these pictures were taken after work.  It's a much better outfit without the sweater and the purple and navy combo works pretty well.  Too bad it was too cold all day to really wear what I intended.







4 comments:

  1. Molly these pictures cracked me up. You are too funny! I wish I could go see that at the Falls. Love your skirt sista!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute post, they were really hyping up his walk this morning on the news! Love your patterned skirt, it's adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. lady, you look absolutely fabulous. so my favorite outfit so far on your blog!! envious of the combinations here!
    kw, ladiesinnavy

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look gorgeous and up for some fun.. he looks... camp and cocky? Something, not sure, but it scares me a little.

    ReplyDelete