Friday, June 22, 2012

My First Friday's Fancies - Color Block

I was able to take some pictures before work on Wednesday!  The light is really different in the morning.  Hopefully the morning light will offset the quick make-up job I attempted before taking these pics.  If Adam and I carpool I will put make-up on in the car.  Otherwise I wait until I get to work.  I won't admit to putting on "my face" while driving.  I never do that.






This skirt has been "on deck" for a while.  I don't have very many pleated skirts, but I learned that they are fun to twirl in!  I loved the colors in the outfit but I need to work on the shape... I felt a little boxy all day.  It will be better next time!



This outfit was inspired by the Friday's Fancies link up on {long distance loving}.

I've been wanting to put together a solid color block outfit for a while but then I kind of forgot that I wanted to do that.  I am excited for the ideas and the link up!





9 comments:

  1. so cute! love the twirls and color here.
    kw, ladiesinnavy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you look boxy at all! Love this skirt on you. And the purple/mustard combo is awesome!!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I am loving the yellow skirt!! Especially with the blue blazer!

    Marisa
    http://brokewithdesignertaste.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. that skirt is gorgeous, nice blog, follow each other?
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, Joy! I've joined your site and am already excited about seeing more!
      -M

      Delete
  5. Pleats and mustard yellow? Yes please! What a pretty skirt!

    ReplyDelete