Thursday, June 21, 2012

Army Green and Turquoise

I wasn't going to post tonight - but it's so hot and I don't have AC so going to bed feels like a chore. I'm not complaining even though that last sentence sounds a little like complaining. I LOVE SUMMER!  Even in all this heat!  Yay! 

So, since I'm still awake I thought I would quickly post a dress from last week that never made it on the blog.  Army green and turquoise - I didn't know I would like the combo so much!





This army green knit dress has been in my closet for a few years.  I have worn it a couple of times but often pass it over when picking out a dress because I just don't know it very well, as if there's been something about it that makes me think it's not a good fit.

Well, I found out last week that it fits pretty alright.  And it has cute cap sleeves and pockets. Happy surprise! The one wonky thing is that the armpit holes are a little deep so the dress needs a tank underneath, no biggie. It's like I have a new dress. A dress that I paid for a long time ago!





4 comments:

  1. Love this look. I really like how you combined army green with teal, would never think to combine the two colors, but the go so well together!

    Marisa
    http://brokewithdesignertaste.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My paintings often see a mixture of green and blue shades. I LOVE this combo... and LOVE that dress with the belt especially. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color combination. Sometimes the ones you least expect to work end up being the best!
    Do you not have AC Molly?! I would die. I am a baby in the heat even though I love it so.

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great color combination! Very unusual, but very striking.

    ReplyDelete