Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2: Clothing and Body Type

Day 2 of the 31 (blogging) days of May Challenge: Clothing and body type.

I’d rather post about dressing for my age than about dressing for my body, k?

But first I want to mention the influences on my day-to-day style choices. The dress code
at the office is casual. I think there are some written rules, but I think it’s more about
common sense and decency than anything else. Some people dress up, some people wear
jeans every day. I land somewhere in the middle.

Overall, the office is not very young or fashion forward (just like Buffalo!) If I lived in a
bigger city, worked with younger people or within a more creative environment I think
I would dress differently. This is not to say that I'm trying to fit in! I really wish there was
more fashion inspiration at work, but I tend to find most of my style stimuli from the
internet. Love you internet! And stylish blogging buddies!

If you’ve been following my blog, you’ve seen my outfits… I consider my style pretty
safe, but colorful and a tad bit trendy. I’ve been trying to expand my style to be more
unique and personal and I hope to look back through my posts and see this change
happen season by season.

I have days that I get dressed for work feeling a little brave and unique, but as the day
goes on I feel uncomfortable and “too young”.

Like in these pics:


Few things kill my confidence than feeling poorly dressed.  I feel like I'm at an age (and corporate environment) that I need to watch my hem lines and the _______...?   I'm still not sure what I need to change in these photos.  It might be a combo of the colors, the socks and the overall fit.

I have a hard time pinpointing what I don't like in my clothes... although its pretty easy to pick out the things I like.  I've been falling back on feeling "too young", but as I write this I don't think that's really the issue.

Maybe that's why style is an art - its aesthetic and opinion based and viewed differently by everyone.  Sometimes you like it, and sometimes you don't.  Maybe my style issues - triumphs and failures - have less to do with age or body type, and more to do with my past, my emotions, my judgements, my goals and my nature.  I should probably stop blaming it on something I can't change.

By the way, 35 is a great age!  I highly recommend it!








No comments:

Post a Comment