Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Furry Friends

This weekend was a tough one at our house.  We said good bye to this bundle of cuddle buddy:



This is Cecil.  He and I have been together for 13 years.  We've lived in 5 apartments together in 2 cities.  We've had lots of roommates.  Cecil was a crabby patty for most of his life, but he loved me more than anything ever.  Ever.

We moved to Buffalo 5 years ago and we met Adam.  Cecil calmed down and became a nicer more-accepting-of-you kitty.  It might have been his age or the bigger apartment or the extra love, patience and attention he got from Adam.  I'm really lucky to have had these last good years with both Cecil and Adam!

Cecil has been sick and we've been taking care of him since October.  We've been mourning him for a while as he hasn't been himself in months.  This didn't make saying good bye any easier.  I had no idea I would be so sad.

But!  The good news is we have 3 more cats that we absolutely adore!  I think they are a little weirded out with their old cranky buddy gone.  Needless to say the energy in the house has changed.

I haven't posted many cat pictures but that's about to change!  (sorry non-cat people!)

Meet Gally, my sassy Bengal:
Gally up front and Cecil chillin' in the back.
Gally has a ton of energy and loves pets on the face.  But, it's impossible to pick up this litte jungle cat (or to cut her nails).  She's super fun and entertaining and keeps all of us on our toes!

When Adam and I moved in together we Brady Bunched his 2 cats with my 2 cats.  Sawtooth and Sinewave are brothers and the calmest, fluffiest, quietest cats I've met: 


Sawtooth will cuddle for anything, really.

Awwww!  Sinewave is so fluffy.  We will shave him soon for the summer:  TOO CUTE! 

My cats have always been pretty chatty (and whiney).  Someone once pointed out that maybe that's because I can be a kinda chatty a lot of the time.  Hmmmm.  I believed this once I met Adam and his cats.  All 3 of them share a patient and calm demeanor.  We just might be perfectly balanced.  *Swoon*

Thanks for letting me share my furry family with you!










6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your kitty loss, Molly. My husband and I have three cats and I can't even imagine losing any of them. Honestly. I am tearing up for you. I am glad you have three others to distract you from your grief. And please- always share cat pictures. I love them! Maybe I should share a picture of each of my children?! :)

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! I would love if you shared pics of your children!

      Delete
  2. RIP Cecil! He was a good boy and Cory and I will miss him. We're glad he's not suffering any more though. He's in a happier place somewhere... and if you need a cute and crabby fix just come see Sebastian! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- I can't wait to see that lion cut! Squeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( :( I'm so sorry about Cecil Molly. My kitties I had in Chicago have been with my parents since I moved over to England, but they are still like little angels to me and I miss being near them more than I could have imagined. I don't want to imagine how hard it was for you to say goodbye to Cecil. Love the pics of your kitties! Do you really shave Sinewave? Yes, can't wait to see a pic of that either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss my Cecil buddy. It's not the same. I keep expecting him to jump on my lap for love or beg for food when I come in at night. I am lucky to have won his love and friendship.

    ReplyDelete