Sunday, April 22, 2012

Clothes on Display

I'm super excited about my new furniture:


via Home Depot - framed Trellis ~ $18

I bought 2 of these bad boys from the garden area at Home Depot.  I had to lower lots of seat backs in the ole Mazda to get them home, but they made it:



Getting dressed is often a long process, yes?  Especially if I'm dressing for something more special than an average day at work.  If it's a night out or a special party, I will plan to spend 25-35 minutes (or more *blush*) choosing an outfit.  I try on lots of things and often end up with a giant "maybe" pile of clothes hanging on a single hook on the inside door of my closet.  I've been wanting to expand my extra bedroom to be more of a dressing room and thought that I could use something to display clothes that I'm thinking about wearing, or have already tried on...

So, I turned these trellises into this:


These are currently in the master bedroom, as I'm waiting to rearrange some stuff in the extra bedroom. I haven't anchored them in at all - and luckily the cats haven't noticed this potential playground/ scratching post yet!

I like the idea of displaying my potential outfits and seeing how different pieces might work together. Since I've started blogging, I've been using my camera to take a different "look" at my outfits.  I think this could be another way to learn about my clothes.  I might try hanging out some pieces that I haven't worn in a really long time - put them "on deck" and figure out the best way to wear them that week.

What do you think?  Should your clothes be banished to the closet, or is there some advantage to having them out and ready to wear?  I'll keep you posted on how this goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment