Saturday, April 21, 2012

Rear View Mirror

I kind of consider this another stripes outfit - 3 days last week for the Stripes challenge I missed.  The stripe pattern here leans a little more neutral because of the color and style.  

I prefer dark wash jeans and have for a long time.  But, the light washes are never really out of style and have their own place in the style spectrum.  I consider them less dressy and less mature - in a good way.  Dressy and mature can often get very predictable and dry.  Anyway, these skinnies fit glove-like until the end of the day where the rump area can get a little saggy.  So - long sweater!



The second shot is to show off my yellow earrings and pink bun.  But I also wanted to take a second to mention that the look of long sweaters - from behind - is pretty shapeless.  I've tried belting this sweater, but it's too bulky.  So I tucked in my tee and wore an interesting belt for some shape from the front view - but I've totally neglected the view from behind.  

So, my fashion friends - is this a problem? If so, is there a remedy?  Do you think about your rear view when getting dressed?






1 comment:

  1. I always look at the back of my head! ... but maybe not so much the back of my... erm... back. I think the older I get I need to rethink my methods! ... or rework my rump! -- I'd love to see a close-up of your earring/pink bun combo. Looks fab from here.

    ReplyDelete