Monday, April 23, 2012

Art to Closet

My talented (and long lost) friend Mary at the Blackbird Experience painted this:
Hangover I




And I wore this:





I love green and pink and I was inspired by the strong colors in her painting.  It reminded me of a Winnie the Pooh coloring book I had as a kid.  My big brother was in art school and sat down with me and colored in one of the pages.  He made this hole in the ground pink and with green shadows and I LOVED it.  I couldn't stop looking at it. I had never thought of using the wrong colors in a coloring book before that.  It was like real art.  It was a new concept for me.

I was literally thinking about this when I got dressed yesterday.  Maybe I should take time to browse my favorite art sites every morning before I get dressed!

Oh, and the weather tellers - wrong again!  I was ready to pull out  these boots when they predicted Snopril to dump 5-8" on us today.  The rain is pretty cold and miserable, but at least I don't have to shovel!


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picture - I love pink and green. And love how you incorporated those colors into your outfit. Also, I might need your boots. I heart them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of your comment, I wore the boots again today - and I think I heart them again, too!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nod Molly ... and you look lovely as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink + green is one of my faves - you look so cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete