Sunday, March 4, 2012

No Pants Challenge ~ Week 2

Happy March 4th!  The only day of the year that is also a military command. I will never forget that today is my long-lost friend Dave's birthday because of that little (non)fact.

The challenge is no pants for Lent.  I gotta say that no pants is just a good time!  I don't miss my jeans at all. Read below for the skirty round-up of week 2!  Also exciting this week - I'm starting to wear shoes again...

My grays in this outfit matched much better when I was getting dressed.  I love yellow and gray together.





Crazy eyes here is trying to show off the necklace.  I didn't have much to work with so these pics are pretty rotten, sorry.  Blue skirt, shoes and tights, mint sweater and necklace and collared shirt and an orange belt for good luck:







The work-version of this Friday outfit showcased my leopard flats with my bright yellow ring and DIY zipper bracelets.  For evening I changed into my buckled, tough girl boots:





I barely left the house on Saturday, and when I took a quick, cold and windy walk, I cheated and wore jeans. Don't tell anyone!  Otherwise, I color-blocked for a cozy indoor Saturday outfit, with sneakers:





I had an early start on Sunday for quartet rehearsal followed by a fancy afternoon brunch.  A couple 2-3 mimosas later I was on the couch for a cat nap.  I wore all black with a lacy gray shirt, big white earrings and pigtails. It was snowing so I wore my booties and leg warmers.  Oh, and I accidentally accessorized with a bunch of cat hair - which always happens when I wear all black.  Where is that lint roller?




I hope you had a nice weekend!  Remember that every passing weekend gets us closer to Spring!



2 comments:

  1. Hey Holly. I love all the looks. so glad I found your blog. I'm definitely following now. I can't wait to read more. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out my blog. It's all about the adventures of a small town girl taking on the LA fashion scene. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fash Boulevard! I will absolutely check out your blog! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete