Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Paleo Smoothie (I can't cook)

Sick, boo! I've been home for the last couple of days being sneezy, congested and a bit whiny and achy  - spreading my germs all over the bedroom and bathroom, the keyboard, mouse and desk, the fridge and the can of nuts... I keep teasing Adam that he's sure to catch it. I made up the guest bed for him to sleep in last night, which he did without any complaints.  (he's still gonna catch it, sorry buddy! lubb you!)

Since I've promised to spend Lent practicing a strict primal diet, I made a paleo smoothie today! No dairy! (Dairy is the difference between Primal and Paleo diets - I will continue to eat some dairy, 'cause yeah, cheese.)

Here's what I did:

1 can of coconut milk
About a teaspoon of raw honey
A big spoonful of raw almond butter
Handful of frozen strawberries
Handful of frozen blueberries
Handful of frozen raspberries
1 banana

ingredients!


Put it all in the blender...


I usually add vanilla, but we are out.  I didn't miss it, but I also can't really taste anything that subtle even when my nose is working properly.  This is the first time I added the nut butter, and I could have added even more.  Yes, I think I can taste it maybe a little bit.


(I made about 3 "servings")

Yum! 




No comments:

Post a Comment